Internet to the rescue.
With tax season upon us, here are some links to help you maximize your credit, and minimize the effort.
- Ask the Adoption Law Expert - by Adoptive Families Magazine
- The Future of the Adoption Tax Credit in 2011, 2012, 2013 & Beyond - by Creating A Family
- Adoption Tax Credit: For Families - by Jackson Hewitt and the Dave Thomas Foundation
- Adoption Tax Credit - free webinar! by Adoption Learning Partners Adoption
- Claiming the Federal Adoption Tax Credit for 2011 - North American Council on Adoptable Children
- Adoptive Parents: Don't Delay Your Adoption Credit Refund - by the IRS
- Six Things to Know About the Expanded Adoption Tax Credit - by the IRS
- Qualified Adoption Expenses - by the IRS
2013: $5,000 or $6,000 for a special needs child (projected)
2012: at least $12,170 (will be indexed for inflation), non-refundable
2011: $13,360 (will be indexed for inflation), refundable
2010: $13,170, refundable
2009: $12,150, non-refundable
2008: $11,650, non-refundable
2007: $11,390, non-refundable
2006: $10,960, non-refundable
Adoption Tax Credit Amount Source: William Perez - about.com
If you have any sites or tips to share for this tax season, please do. I know that many of us learned way more about taxes than we wanted to last year when the vast majority of refunds were being withheld due to audits.